Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Dear Me


I know whoever comes in here is in a great hurry to get to the next blog. Many a time as much as we want to read each blog post word to word we simply cannot because we're hard-pressed for time 24x7. But I would request you to slow down here.
 This is a video from Mike Schmid. He's a singer, songwriter, and keyboard player for Miley Cyrus. This my post comes with no strings attached. I chanced on Mike in one of my surfing sessions; liked his blog, his voice and songs. He was more than happy to  let me share the video in my space. 

I like his rich soulful voice and pleasant persona. The lyrics of the song are given below.

And Mike, for you to know, you pretty much resemble a Bollywood actor, Ranvir Shorey!!! ;p

 writes about Dear Me: For anyone who’s ever gone through hard times alone, this is for you. An acoustic version of one of my favorite songs I’ve ever written.




Dear me, don't rely on what you see
All the blacks and whites dissolve into the gray
Dear me, there are monsters in the trees
And you won't notice them until they're in the way
And you should be ready to fight them down
Cause no one will be there to help you out
And no one will see when you begin to doubt

And you hide
Hide
Hide away

Dear me, it seems you'll lose along the way
Simple truths you found so comforting before
Dear me, all the love you thought was free
It'll cost much more than what you can afford
And you won't be ready, you'll fight them down
And no one will be there to pull you out
And when nothing is left, you forget what it's about

And you hide
Hide
Hide away

So I'm writing you this letter
To warn you now
Before you get your hopes up
Before they fall back down
You don't have to worry
And you don't need to

Hide
Hide
Hide away

Dear me, you should know that you can't see
Just how good that it will be in the end

7 comments:

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

What a beautiful voice...and haunting lyrics.

David Lebovitz has amazing ice cream recipes...I found his strawberry recipe on Annie's Eats...I bet it's wonderful. I'm going to try it when we get our local berries:

http://annies-eats.com/2010/07/30/dreamy-creamy-strawberry-ice-cream/

www.mahaslovelyhome.com said...

nice music.beautiful lyrics..
maha

anthony stemke said...

Mike Schmid is very talented.The music was hauntingly beautiful.
Thanks for sharing.

the Junkie book said...

Lizzie: Ya, I've heard David Lebovitz is an ice cream charmer! Thanks much!

Anna C said...

Thoma,you are spot on...Mike Schmid has a beautiful voice. Thanks for sharing this new talent with us all.

Jayanthy Kumaran said...

ohhh...its absolutely mesmerizing music

Tasty Appetite

myinnerchick.com said...

--Love.

He is beautiful. X